In Case You Missed It
Last week’s episode was a great dive into an amazing mind. We had a multi-talented, multi-faceted man – a leader, speaker, innovator, and most importantly, a “connector“! He works to connect people not only in the Technology sector but in the leadership space as well. Navigate the career and story of Kirk Nugent here.
Any mom- or dad-jokes you want to share on-air (just like I did)? Leave me a message at https://robertkennedy3.com/voicemail. I’ll air your message on one of our upcoming episodes.
Do you have any thoughts and/or questions about the podcast? Send me a note at podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com and I will answer or comment on those in an upcoming episode.
This Week’s Episode“
Our guest this week is a CSP, SPHR, and an SHRM-SCP! A whole lot of letters for an amazing woman; a speaker, an author, a coach, and a “Business Book Strategist.” She believes that it’s holy work in writing and telling your story. She also believes it’s holy work to help others tell theirs.
Cathy Fyock has a story, let’s hear it!
What’s In Store For You
- [02:55] Cathy Fyock is a Business Book Strategist and a “Possibility Partner.” What does the latter mean and where did it come from?
- [03:52] What is a business book in the context of a professional speaker?
- [04:30] Has Cathy worked with an author on a business book written as a parable or a story?
- [05:01] What are some of the challenges in writing a business parable?
- [05:45] How has Cathy managed to write nine (9) books over the years whereas others struggle for decades to write even one?
- [06:32] What does Cathy believe are some benefits in writing?
- [07:56] How does one know what book to write that will sell?
- [09:59] How can one write confidently about a topic that is not yet their area of expertise?
- [10:59] What is “Productive Procrastination” and how is it detrimental to writers?
- [11:49] Cathy shares with us her new book, “The Speaker Author: Sell More Books and Book More Speeches” and the process of how it came to be.
- [13:03] What is one of the biggest challenges that Cathy’s clients face?
- [14:54] What are Cathy’s tips for new speakers and writers on how to get into the industry?
- [15:58] What about for those with experience; how do they gain more traction in their next endeavors?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- and more!
- Hallelujah!: An Anthem for Purposeful Work by Cathy Fyock;
- The Speaker Author: Sell More Books and Book More Speeches by Cathy Fyock and Lois Creamer;
- Book a Complimentary Strategy Session with Cathy Fyock!
- Find Your Voice: 28 Secrets To Inspire You To Speak Up by Robert Kennedy III;
- Speak Write Now Community;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com – send your questions and comments;
- Voice message – hear your voice on-air!
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a patron of this show!)