The RK3 Show: Telling Your Story Without Fear
In Case You Missed It
In Episode 88, we had the dynamic speaker and motivator Steve Hopper as our guest. He has been impacting the lives of people from all walks of life for 14 years. He is a renowned, peak performance, expert, keynote speaker and author. He has delivered hundreds of presentations to companies, associations, conventions, sports teams, churches, leadership conferences.
Steve partners with corporations, professional organizations, and entrepreneurs to inspire organizational effectiveness, employee morale, and productivity. With a desire to be one of the top speakers in the world, he brings a fresh and professional and powerful presence to the professional speaking industry. Learn from the best on how to make your story stick!
“How do you want us to celebrate Episode 100?” I would love to know your thoughts about this milestone episode. Send your voice messages through https://robertkennedy3.com/voicemail. Leave me a message and I’ll air it during one of our future episodes.
If you still want to send me a message but you’d prefer to do it via email instead, send me a note at podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com. I look forward to seeing you in my inbox!
What’s In Store For You
How do you get rid of fear? Is there a real way to get rid of it or do you just find a way to deal with it?
Our guest today is an expert on this topic. He is a speaker, leadership coach, and best selling author with over 19 years of experience in speaking, leadership development, and organizational management.
He’s known for his authenticity, his humor, and his engaging presence. Mike specializes in fostering personal and organizational awareness allowing the audience to personalize his presentations.
He’s a communication and leadership expert; he works with executive teams, emerging leaders, nonprofit organizations, churches and public schools.
What does Mike Acker know about working through the fear or speaking? Listen to the episode and learn!
- [04:09] Mike helps people speak and share their stories without the fear of criticism that cripples many people. What are the most “common excuses” that he hears as people attribute to their fear of public speaking?
- [05:32] We all know how to speak and communicate; what else do people need to know in order to speak?
- [06:58] Based on Mike’s experience, why aren’t organizations focusing more on developing soft skills, specifically communication skills.
- [09:31] Why is it that executives tend to not buy into the whole public speaking presentation in the same way as they would expect an employee or or manager to?
- [12:28] Mike shares with us the top tip from his book “Speak With No Fear” that people can begin to do to eliminate the fear of speaking.
- [15:31] What does Mike believe are some physical things that one can do as a storyteller, presenter, or speaking that makes them more interesting and connected to their audience?
- [17:22] Mike shares the most interesting experience that he has had as a speaker and storyteller.
- [19:39] I decided to join the fun! I also share one of most interesting (read: embarrassing) experiences I ever had on stage.
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- Amazon Music,
- and more!
- Mike Acker’s website;
- Speak With No Fear: Go from a nervous, nauseated, and sweaty speaker to an excited, energized, and passionate presenter by Mike Acker;
- Livestream Confidence Formula – create in a way that connects to your audience and moves them to action;
- FREE 5-day Signature Story Course;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com – send your questions and comments;
- Voice message – hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a patron of this show!)