The RK3 Show: How Speakers & Leaders Can Deal With Imposter Syndrome
In Case You Missed It
Last week, we had TWO episodes from Mr. Lifestyle himself, Jaime Powell! He shares how you can make money without being a main stage speaker through Contract Training. He believes that your passion will lead you to your purpose and that influence is the key to meeting your goal. You can find both of his episodes here.
Do you have any thoughts and/or questions about the podcast? Send me a note at podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com and I will answer or comment on those in an upcoming episode.
If you want to hear your voice/message on air instead, leave me a message at https://robertkennedy3.com/voicemail. I’ll air your message on one of the upcoming episodes.
This Week’s Episode
Have you ever felt that you weren’t good enough? Have you ever doubted your skills and worried that one of these days, people will figure it out?
Then you, as most accomplished people do, might be suffering from Imposter Syndrome. This is a great story, let’s hear it!
What’s In Store For You
- [02:08] A quick story told from the perspective of Neil Gaiman, bestselling author of The Sandman and Stardust.
- [03:42] Maya Angelou and Tom Hanks also share instances of doubt in their abilities.
- [04:33] What Neil, Maya, and Tom have in common in this episode: they too, experienced Imposter Syndrome.
- [05:11] I give you a short definition of what Imposter Syndrome is and how it can derail your goals.
- [05:45] I share the first tip on how to overcome Imposter Syndrome.
- [06:53] Tip #2: Review positive feedback.
- [07:56] Here is tip #3!
- [08:55] “Create your own group” is my 4th tip.
- [10:22] And this is my final tip to subdue Imposter Syndrome.
- [11:42] Final thoughts on this topic quoted from Amy Cuddy
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- and more!