The RK3 Show: How Words Transform
In Case You Missed It
My guest in the previous episode loves to assure people that their message matters. He helps authors, speakers, and aspiring messengers create a sustainable business and create online courses. Find out how Brian J. Dixon can help you not be stuck in a miserable job and to start a business you can love in this post.
We are still living in difficult times at the moment. What inspiration do you find to get through this situation day by day? I want to know your thoughts. Share your messages through:
- Voice Message -> Send it via https://robertkennedy3.com/voicemail. I’ll air your audiogram on an upcoming episode!
- Email -> You can send me a note at podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com. I look forward to seeing you in my inbox!
What’s In Store For You
“Words have power. What you say, you create.” – Alicia Dunams
One of the guests in a podcast I hosted way back 2014, Alicia Dunams is a good friend and has an amazing way with words. She’s a bestselling author who has written numerous books and, for the past 10 years, has been helping others write their own bestseller!
She works with busy leaders and aspiring authors who want to birth a bestseller in a weekend. She’s a big believer in communication, storytelling, and the power of words. Learn how you can harness the power of words to transform lives in Episode 65 of The RK3 Show!
- [05:58] Alicia has written and published several books; she shares what made her fall in love with the writing process.
- [07:45] In the Bestseller In A Weekend workshop, what is a takeaway for the attendees that wonderfully surprises them?
- [09:12] Alicia shares a powerful case study from one of the attendees in her workshop.
- [10:16] How can the “Hero’s Journey” help one find their story to tell?
- [11:21] How does the Bestseller In A Weekend workshop create a “container” of urgency + supportive community to come up with an amazing story?
- [12:06] What advice can Alicia give to people who have great stories yet do not know how to tease it out of themselves?
- [14:15] What is one way an aspiring author can find out what their target customer needs?
- [16:12] What is the “power of words” from Alicia’s perspective?
- [17:23] Alicia shares a poignant example on how using the words “I get to” instead of “I have to” helped a woman power through loss.
- [21:57] How should you reframe an apology (“I’m sorry”) to make it more sincere and powerful?
- [23:43] Why shouldn’t we use the phrases “I’m disappointed” and “I can’t”?
- [25:47] How can shifting from “Did it happen to me?” or “Did it happen for me” helps you shift from victim to champion in your story?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- and more!
- Goal Digger: Lessons Learned From The Rich Men I Dated by Alicia Dunams;
- “I Get To”: How Using the Right Words Can Radically Transform Your Life, Relationships & Business by Alicia Dunams;
- Alicia Dunams’ webpage;
- Bestseller In A Weekend workshop;
- YouVersion Devotionals – If you want motivation, inspiration, a spiritual pick-me-up to start your day;
- FREE 5-day Signature Story Course;
- The Storyteller’s Growth Lab – learn how you can grow in your speaking journey;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com – send your questions and comments;
- Voice message – hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a patron of this show!)