In Case You Missed It
In the previous episode, we had the honor of having the phenomenal vocal coach (who has coached a “Who’s Who” list including Angelina Jolie), Arthur Joseph! Discover the power of your voice from one of the world’s foremost communications strategist here.
Send us your thoughts, feedback, questions about the podcast or anything about communication, leadership, motivation, and more through podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com. Your questions will be answered on an upcoming episode.
This Week’s Episode
“Butterflies” – that feeling of clammy hands, racing heart, queasy stomach when you are about to do something you feel nervous about. All speakers go through this experience; I know I did especially when I was starting out. But will it ever go away?
In this episode, I share how we, as speakers, leaders, and communicators should deal with the butterflies. I have a story to tell, let’s hear it!
What’s In Store For You
- [03:59] As a speaker, when do the nerves disappear?
- [04:48] A few reasons why we feel nervous
- [06:12] Robert’s first encounter with the “butterflies”
- [07:25] What do you do when you forget all the words you are supposed to sing?
- [08:01] Should we get rid of the butterflies? Or should we focus our energy elsewhere?
- [08:34] Visual exercise to help you focus
- [09:21] Four physical exercises to combat your nerves
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (Leave us a review!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- Orai – Helps you to understand how to enhance the power of your speaking;
- Ummo – Speech coaching app that analyzes your speech for filler words;
- Speak Write Now Community;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com – send your questions and comments;
- Voice message – leave me your message, I want to hear your voice!
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (be a patron of this show and get patron perks!)