The RK3 Show: Adding Resilience To Your Leadership Story
In Case You Missed It
Last week’s guest reinvented his life and garnered such amazing results! He was called “The Number 1 Sales Executive In The World” and had a 14-year career as an award-winning sales executive before he decided to make a shift and transform his life for the better. You can find Kinja Dixon’s episode here.
Do you want to hear your voice on-air like our other listeners? Leave me a voicemail at https://robertkennedy3.com/voicemail and I’ll air your message on one of our future shows!
If you prefer to write me a note instead, you can send one at podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com and I will answer or comment on it in an upcoming episode.
This Week’s Episode
When you fail or keep hitting roadblocks, what do you do? How many times are you supposed to get back up again and keep going? What’s the number?
Our guest this week has a background in Psychology and has an alphabet soup of letters associated with his name – Ph.D., MBA, L-M-N-O-P. He’s got it all, he’s ready to share what he knows on leadership on resilience; on just being tough as nails and how you can make it to success.
Richard Citrin has a story, let’s listen to it!
What’s In Store For You
- [05:27] How does stress affect us and why is it important to manage it?
- [06:30] Richard shares what motivated him to write The Resilience Advantage.
- [07:38] Why does Richard frame stress as “neutral” when most individuals view it negatively?
- [08:33] How does our defense mechanism, borne from our ancestors, affect us and our stress negatively?
- [10:55] Richard discloses how “navigation” helps alleviate negative stress from an unexpected incident.
- [11:35] “Mindfulness” is an important positive psychology process that helps people bring their stress from negative to neutral.
- [14:29] What can Richard advice to people who are so “busy” that they can’t find time to prepare?
- [16:52] What is the next generation of leaders looking for?
- [18:50] As an emerging or aspiring leader, what can I do to prepare myself for that role?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- and more!
- Richard Citrin‘s website;
- The Resilience Advantage: Stop Managing Stress and Find Your Resilience by Richard Citrin, Ph.D. and Alan Weiss, Ph.D.;
- Strategy-Driven Leadership: The Playbook for Developing Your Next Generation of Leaders by Richard Citrin, Ph.D. and Michael A. Couch;
- Your 2020 Roadmap workshop by Robert Kennedy III;
- 5 Simple Strategies to Get Paid For Public Speaking webinar by Robert Kennedy III (with an additional freebie to be shared during the webinar!);
- Speak Write Now Community;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com – send your questions and comments;
- Voice message – hear your voice on-air!
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a patron of this show!)