So, you have an iPhone and you use it to get your email, FaceTime with your mom and play Angry Birds. But, you have found that you use it for working quite a bit and you also have multiple email accounts linked to your phone. One of the pet peeves that many people had with Apple previously was the that every time they sent an email, it said -sent from my iPhone- in the signature and there was no way for them to create a cool HTML signature. If you are a small business owner, you don’t necessarily want your clients knowing that you are answering them from Starbucks or your car. Well, with iOS6 and their latest releases, that is no longer the case. You can now create multiple signatures for multiple email accounts but further than that, you can add HTML signatures to them if you know how. This is a cool feature that may put some of the signature app makers out of business, or at least cause them to step up their game. How do you do it? I’m glad you asked…
1. First, you need to create a signature in an HTML editor like Dreamweaver or you can even use Word. If you are on a Mac, you can use text Wrangler to create the code. If you are not a coder, then you can create email signatures for download using quite a few sites online. I won’t link any of them here because I have not used enough to recommend them. I usually just create my own.
2. Once you have created to HTML signature, you will want to insert it into your email from your desktop computer. Then you can email it to yourself at one of the addresses you have on your phone. Now comes the fun.
3. Open the email on your iPhone and then press and hold anywhere on the signature until the Select option appears. You can choose Select All or choose Select and then drag the handles to select the portion of the signature that you need.
4. Once you have selected what you need, the Copy icon will appear. Click it.
5. Click your Home button and then open your Settings app. Look for Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
6. Once there, scroll down to Signature.
7. Choose the signature area for the email you need and then Paste the signature inside that area.
That’s it. You have an HTML signature on your iPhone. Now try to compose an email to test this out. This was a great find for me personally.
What neat tech tips do you have for creating a more professional look?