A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste….As a little kid, I would see that commercial on TV all the time and think, “well, geee, how do you even waste your mind? Is there more of it left over or something?”
My 7 or 8 year old mind could not grasp the fact that it was possible to do LESS with our minds than it was capable of. I couldn’t grasp why anyone would want to do less than they could. I couldn’t understand why a person would not just do the work it took to get where they needed to get. But, then, that’s the awesome thing about the mind of a child, filled with possibility.
As kids, we don’t often have a limiting mindset. That’s something that we develop later. That LIMITING mindset tells us that:
- The things that other people say we can or can’t do are true
- Other people’s perceptions of us are true
- We can only accomplish something if we are creative enough, good enough or talented enough
- Some people just get lucky breaks and others don’t
- We can’t do something because it’s just not in our personality
However, once you can discover a SUCCESS mindset, its amazing what begins to develop. Opinions and talent no longer begin to matter or hold you back. Ideas begin to flow.
How do you develop a SUCCESS mindset?
In our 28 Days community, we like to focus on ONE THING! Focusing allows you to see and achieve accelerated growth in one area. Here’s how you can move forward with this:
- Take note of where you are currently and write that down. (Ex. Currently, I can type 15 words per minute)
- Create a plan for improvement in this area through daily action (Ex. I will practice typing for 10 minutes daily at 6pm) **The more specific you can get this, the better.
- Create a space on your calendar for this activity daily.
- COMMIT to performing this activity daily by speaking it daily
- Accountability helps. Get a community. Get partners. Tell others what you are up to.
- JUST DO IT!!
Here is an example of what a SUCCESS mindset looks like:
Which MINDSET do you have? Share your thoughts in the comments below.