Welcome to episode two of The RK3 Show!
For those who missed the first episode, we had the fun and feisty Pegine as our wonderful guest. If you missed it and would like to listen to our awesome discussion, click on this link to access our pilot episode!
Before I get to our guest speaker and the topic we covered, I wanted to share a great reference for all of you which I also talk about in the podcast.
As Harry S. Truman once said, “Not all leaders are readers, but all leaders are readers.” A great book that I’ve read recently is the book “Principles” by Ray Dalio. The book is about a set of life principles that Ray discovered as he was building the fifth largest hedge fund company in the United States. In this book, he argues that life management and investing can be synthesized and systemized into a group of understandable rules for success.
Want to read the book and plan your road to success? You can find the link to this reference at the end of this post.
Alright, time to get down to our podcast! Our featured guest today is an entrepreneur who helps promote speakers who have a story to tell and want to get paid for it. But… it isn’t as easy as you may think.
- At 04:31, I introduce Nancy Vogl of http://nancyvoglspeakers.com. As I mentioned, she’s an entrepreneur. She is the owner, founder of Nancy Vogl speakers and she’s a writer as well! She’s the editor/co-author of “Chicken Soup for the Single Parent’s Soul”.
- She talks about her agency at 06:29 and highlights the most common incorrect assumption that new speakers make when thinking about the role of speaker bureaus.
- Want to know how to get the attention of speaker bureaus as a new speaker? Listen to Nancy’s tips starting 09:24 into the podcast.
- At 10:30, Nancy shares how speaker should prepare when connecting with agencies. “You only have one chance to make a good impression – ONE.” You got to make it count! Market yourself with AUTHENTICITY!
Do you want to get more tips from Nancy? Listen to the podcast in its entirety. I want you to WIN in your speaking journey.
Did you enjoy this show? If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this episode or the podcast in general, do send us a note at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to answer back.
- Storytellers’ Growth Lab
- “Principles” by Ray Dalio
- “Chicken Soup for the Single Parent’s Soul” by Jack Canfield, Laurie Hartman, Mark Victor Hansen, and Nancy Vogl
- “Why Grandpa Rides a Harley” by Nancy Vogl
- “Am I a Color Too?” by Heidi Cole and Nancy Vogl
- Nancy Vogl’s Speaker Bureau
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or Google Play Music.