Taking the first step is tough. Or, I should say, taking the step FIRST is tough. As a leader, an innovator, a creator, a risk taker, you often need to do that with others looking on. They look with the thought that you have the fear thing licked. They often think that you are supremely confident and sure of what you are up to.
But, deep inside, most of us know that we simply have a deep desire to move forward, a ridiculous desire to serve and make things better. That’s what drives us!
Here are 15 quotes that help me to remember this drive and inspire me to move forward even on the days that I’m not sure.
1. [bctt tweet=”A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd. – Max Lucado”]
2. [bctt tweet=”Successful leaders see opportunities in every difficulty rather than the difficulty in every opportunity-Reed Markham” via=”no”]
3. [bctt tweet=”The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. – William Arthur Ward” via=”no”]
4. [bctt tweet=”Before you are a leader, success is about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is growing others. – Jack Welch” via=”no”]
5. [bctt tweet=”Courage is doing what you’re afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you’re scared. — Eddie Rickenbacker”]
6. [bctt tweet=”Leaders when not leading are outcasts. – Sri Harold Klemp”]
7. [bctt tweet=”Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. – Winston Churchill”]
8. [bctt tweet=”A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position. – John Maxwell”]
9. [bctt tweet=”Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. – Raymond Lindquist”]
10. [bctt tweet=”The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. Kenneth Blanchard”]
11. [bctt tweet=”The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men, the conviction and the will to carry on – Walter Lippmann”]
12. [bctt tweet=”He can inspire a group only if he himself is filled with confidence and hope of success. – Floyd Filson”]
13. [bctt tweet=”I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.”]
14. [bctt tweet=”Leaders don’t force people to follow—they invite them on a journey. – Charles Lauer”]
15. [bctt tweet=”Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one. – Voltaire”]