When I talk about leadership, most people immediately assume that I am referring to CEO’s and managers! But leadership is so much more. Leadership may simply involve you taking charge of you to make change in your environment. It may simply involve you taking the first step with no expectation of people following. It may simply be you being brave enough, bold enough to be alone, be a pioneer without knowing what the outcome will be. If you think you fit in there somewhere, here are 10 great quotes that I’d love to share with you to inspire you and to also help you gain a greater understanding of leadership.
1. [Tweet “You can’t build a reputation on what you’re GOING to do. – Henry Ford”]
2. [Tweet “To add value to others, one must first value others – John Maxwell”]
3. [Tweet “You don’t lead by point and telling. You lead by going to that place and making a case. – Ken Kesey”]
4. [Tweet “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality. – Warren Bennis”]
5. [Tweet “Leadership is an action, not a position. – Donald McGannon”]
6. [Tweet “Keep your fears to yourself. Share your courage with others. – Robert Louis Stevenson”]
7. [Tweet “The final test of a leader is that he leave behind in other men the conviction and will to carry on. – Walter Lippman”]
8. [Tweet “Lead & inspire people. Inventories can be managed but people must be led. – Ross Perot”]
9. [Tweet “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it. – Andrew Carnegie”]
10. [Tweet “Not one leadership principle requires permission from anyone but you. – Jim Trinka”]
What inspires you to lead? Leave you thoughts in the comments.
Join the discussion 2 Comments
I’m a huge fan of quotes, these are great ones. Thank you for sharing them.
Thanks Dan!! Let’s make some great ones ourselves this year, huh? 🙂